Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mickleover 1 v 3 Steels

4 posters

Go down

Mickleover 1 v 3 Steels Empty Mickleover 1 v 3 Steels

Post  Tim Malloy Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:27 pm

For the sake of Mr. Bradley aka CharlieGeorge who posted on the wrong thread. Embarassed

Lowest crowd of the day at Mickleover witnessed two poor sides compete in a relegation battle at a damp and windy Raygar Stadium. Mickleover probably shaded first half and we shaded second. Steels took lead after half hour through Hogan but Mickleover equalised almost immediately. Second half we took an early lead again, through Hogan header. They then missed an open goal from about six yards and with about five minutes to go, whilst they were pressing for equaliser we broke away and Muldoon finished them off.

This win has probably doomed them as they have only two games left, Chester being one of them. With Worksop away and two homes against Nantwich and Kendal we should pick up enough points to survive. Whitby and Buxtons recent good form have made it tight though.

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Mickleover 1 v 3 Steels Empty Re: Mickleover 1 v 3 Steels

Post  David Bradley Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Don't know happened there Embarassed But thanks for the info, next time don't leave it so long to post. Might have to change my aka now wonder if anyone will notice if I change it to Georgecharlie Question
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Senior82 Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:19 am

Personally I thought Steels were easily the better side in the second, for long periods Mickleover struggled to have any possession out of their own half. Hogan and Muldoon both worked tirelessly up front and both deserved their goals.

Senior82
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:39 am

First half I thought was even. We struggled with the long balls in the first half, evident with their goal. Second half we was much the better team. Defended and attacked as a team, wanted it more and took our chances. The pace of Muldoon and Hogan was always going to settle it against one of the slowest defences in the league.

4 more points should do it for us I think starting with a win at Worksop.

Senior82 was you in the black coat at the back of the stand in the second half? I was at the front in the tracksuit. Think you saw me just when we got the second or third.
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Senior82 Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:01 am

Yes, that was me, I assume from your picture you were the lad with the blue jacket and the scarf?

Senior82
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:05 am

Yeh that was me
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down