Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holbrook 0 - Steels 4

4 posters

Go down

Holbrook 0 - Steels 4 Empty Holbrook 0 - Steels 4

Post  Guest Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:08 pm

In parts we looked really good today, Ogden coped well with everything he needed to, the defence was a little shaky in places but that is to be expected as they are getting used to each other. Wooley had a cracking game as did eagers. A good performance all round.

Back to top Go down

Holbrook 0 - Steels 4 Empty Re: Holbrook 0 - Steels 4

Post  David Bradley Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:54 pm

The team looks like its gelling nicely and still over month till start the season.

Question for GM. The team looks like it has more height this year, is it something he was looking for or did it just happen like that. We did lack the height in the midfield at the end of last season?
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:57 am

Wooley star off the game
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:04 am

Good performance overall. Wooley was excellent and Muldoon was a constant threat to them. Huldoon and Tunnard have a little partnership growing i've noticed over the two games which could be one to watch for. Ben Leonard impressed me again. Not afraid to have a tackle or two and useful in the air which is something we have lacked.
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:06 am

David Bradley wrote:The team looks like its gelling nicely and still over month till start the season.

Question for GM. The team looks like it has more height this year, is it something he was looking for or did it just happen like that. We did lack the height in the midfield at the end of last season?

To be honest it was something I was consious of but I didn't particularly target a specific player. I do like the prospect of having someone 6ft plus in midfield, but selection will be based on fitness and performance during pre-season. There will be games, especially away from home, where we need to be more workmanlike than creative.

What I did look for are players who are athletic and pacey. I believe we have a squad now that will provide that together with a determination entertain the supporters with fast flowing football.

I can also confirm that Ben Leonard signed forms after training last Thursday, another useful addition to the squad.

GM
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:12 am

GM wrote:
David Bradley wrote:The team looks like its gelling nicely and still over month till start the season.

To be honest it was something I was consious of but I didn't particularly target a specific player. I do like the prospect of having someone 6ft plus in midfield, but selection will be based on fitness and performance during pre-season. There will be games, especially away from home, where we need to be more workmanlike than creative.

What I did look for are players who are athletic and pacey. I believe we have a squad now that will provide that together with a determination entertain the supporters with fast flowing football.

I can also confirm that Ben Leonard signed forms after training last Thursday, another useful addition to the squad.
Thanks Smile
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down