Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steels 1 - Rotherham Utd 0

4 posters

Go down

Steels 1 - Rotherham Utd 0 Empty Steels 1 - Rotherham Utd 0

Post  Admin Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:51 pm

Good result for Steels the defence coped well with everything thrown at them, the midfield and strikers did well. what did you make of it.

Oh by the way its now Ingham 2 - Marrow 0 (sorry i was told to put that)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Steels 1 - Rotherham Utd 0 Empty Re: Steels 1 - Rotherham Utd 0

Post  David Bradley Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Good result. Defence looked solid midfield looked good and plenty of width and the strikers looked good and won a lot of balls. The passing was quite crisp to say the pitch surface was quite dry could have done with spray before. The ball seemed to slow quickly, when passed. probably a few things to work on training. Need to a bit more cyncical in front of the goal. The foot was not connecting with ball cleanly, and a few shots were a bit tamely struck. Some overlapping or support for the wide players and to be bit quicker to get in the box for the crosses. (Who the hell am I, Alan Hanson)
But overall the team looked comfortable on the ball and passed it around well. I also liked the depth of the team, there was alot of people on the bench and to swap and change things around without making the team understrength in areas unlike last year.

David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:14 pm

If you read some of the rotherham posts on their forum apparently just another pub team and Ronnie Moore's heads on the line for letting his youngsters loose against steels.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&

On another note, after seeing Ben Lenoard just once, I wondered if playing him on the tip of a diamond formation and breaking into the box late for crosses from the wide players would be an option. Just a thought. I liked what I saw from him.

David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  JBG Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:33 am

David Bradley wrote:Good result. Defence looked solid midfield looked good and plenty of width and the strikers looked good and won a lot of balls. The passing was quite crisp to say the pitch surface was quite dry could have done with spray before. The ball seemed to slow quickly, when passed. probably a few things to work on training. Need to a bit more cyncical in front of the goal. The foot was not connecting with ball cleanly, and a few shots were a bit tamely struck. Some overlapping or support for the wide players and to be bit quicker to get in the box for the crosses. (Who the hell am I, Alan Hanson)
But overall the team looked comfortable on the ball and passed it around well. I also liked the depth of the team, there was alot of people on the bench and to swap and change things around without making the team understrength in areas unlike last year.

Might I suggest David Bradley brings his watering can up before the Sheffield United Match, this is Stocksbridge Park Steels not Man United.

JBG
Trailist
Trailist

Back to top Go down

Post  DougieC Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:27 pm

Sorry that he has a passion for football this is a forum not a slaggin session
DougieC
DougieC
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  JBG Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:09 pm

DougieC wrote:Sorry that he has a passion for football this is a forum not a slaggin session

Not intended to be a slagging session but a number of people freely give up their spare time to keep the pitch in good order, clean the dressing rooms after matches, install the goal posts between cricket matches and generally carry out repairs to seats etc. so you must understand that commenting on the dryness of the pitch by one who does none of this is somewhat upsetting.

JBG
Trailist
Trailist

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:05 am

My comment about the dryness of the pitch was never intended to be a dig at the people who look after pitch and the facilities of Bracken, I was just tring to make an allergy on how well the players had passed and played on a pitch which was dry and the top surface was not greasy enough, its no fault of anyone of the groundsman and is just one of those things that happen( unless you still want my watering can, but you will have to wait till Retford as I'am on hoilday) Everyone knows the pitch is of an excellant standard and the people who do this do an excellant job apoloigies if I upset you.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  JBG Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:21 am

David Bradley wrote:My comment about the dryness of the pitch was never intended to be a dig at the people who look after pitch and the facilities of Bracken, I was just tring to make an allergy on how well the players had passed and played on a pitch which was dry and the top surface was not greasy enough, its no fault of anyone of the groundsman and is just one of those things that happen( unless you still want my watering can, but you will have to wait till Retford as I'am on hoilday) Everyone knows the pitch is of an excellant standard and the people who do this do an excellant job apoloigies if I upset you.

I can see your hearts in the right place and if I have over reacted then I too apologise after all we are all supporters of the Steels.

JBG
Trailist
Trailist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down