Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hucknall 2 Steels 2

+3
Gward
steveylongold
David Bradley
7 posters

Go down

Hucknall 2 Steels 2 Empty Hucknall 2 Steels 2

Post  David Bradley Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:09 am

2 points lost or a point gained ?

We threw our away lead today with sloppy goal and then let another sloppy one in straight after. We should have been looking at 3 points and shutting up shop with 10 mins to go. In a way you could see their goal comming we were just not comfortable at 1 nil up. But then they score 2 and we are looking down the barrel, and up pops with longstaff with great equaliser. Overall a fair result I think.

On another note we still not seen the best of this team and yet we are only 3 points off the top so after 4 games I would be reasonably happy with 7 points.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Hucknall 2 Steels 2 Empty Re: Hucknall 2 Steels 2

Post  steveylongold Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:54 am

Just back from the game, very scrappy on what looked a poor pitch. Dissapointing to concede the way we did after looking solid for the majority of the game. Good fightback and goal from Ash Longstaff though.

I think we need to draw on the positives though and look at the result as a point gained rather than 2 dropped, away from home I'm sure we would have taken a point before the game. Thought the back 4 played well and the two CM battled hard all game. The ball didn't seem to stick upfront today witch didn't help. All in all we are 3 points of top spot having not played to our full potential yet.

steveylongold
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:00 pm

Good point gained on a very crap pitch
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Burr Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Unfortunately missed Saturdays game but got the ok from the wife to go today.

I think it's two points dropped. Muldoon had a great chance to make it 2-0 but pulled it wide of the far post. then to be 2-1 down with 2 minutes to play we looked doomed. Longstaff had other ideas and scored from a very tight angle to earn probably a deserved draw.

Last edited by Tim Burr on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Tim Burr
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Spoke to Ash after the match and he says it was a shot not a cross, I'm not going to argue with him so it was a shot. Thought i'd hexed it when with 5 mins to go I said this could be a good three points. The pitch needed a cut which one of there blokes admited but it had apparently been chucking it down all week so they couldn't do it.

Not sure if its a throw away or an earner but i think we would have taken a point at 3pm if it was offered.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:48 pm

God knows who to agree with tonight Tim Burr Or Admin but everyone as a point , tonight due to the nature of the result. One thing is for sue marrow can't be that dissatisfeid with 7 pts and 4 games gone and only 3 points off top but you can understand any frustrion he may have. This team has not played its best yet and can't wait till we are no 1 in the league. NO FEAR NO,SURRRENDER ALL PASSION Very Happy
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:21 am

David Bradley wrote:One thing is for sue marrow can't be that dissatisfeid with 7 pts and 4 games gone and only 3 points off top

Who's Sue Marrow? Wink

I am dissappointed because we should have won yesterday after being 1-0 up with only four minutes to go. Prioir to the game I warned the players about giving silly free kicks away around our box because Paul Smith is very dangerous from set plays. What do we do? give a stupid foul away when their player was going no where!

Must admit we weren't at our best yesterday but we should have ground out an ugly away win!

GM
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:37 am

Oops sorry Gary, them typos do bring up some funny words. Embarassed
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Hucknall 2 Steels 2 Empty Shot or a cross

Post  yorkie1 Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Longstaffs goal was a shot there was no one to cross to in the area he was up there by himself that is what he is capable of

yorkie1
Trailist
Trailist

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:03 am

David Bradley wrote:Oops sorry Gary, them typos do bring up some funny words. Embarassed

David, no need to apologise I just found it amusing that Sue Marrow wasn't dissatisfied with 7 points! Smile

Two tough games coming up, Ashton at home and Marine away, lets see where we are after then.

GM
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down