Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steels 3 FC Halifax 5

3 posters

Go down

Steels 3 FC Halifax 5 Empty Steels 3 FC Halifax 5

Post  David Bradley Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:32 am

Wow another great game of football.
Should have got something from this game, but in fairness they alaways looked dangerous and capable of breaking us down. James Dean gave our defence a horrid time, I doubt we will play against a better player this year. If we can learn from this game it can only be good for the players and club. Mark Wards 1st goal was out of the top drawer fantastic 1st touch. Ref was ball watching a lot and missed some incidents I think both mangers were not particularly pleased with his performance. GM giving the linesman a bit of grief, and got himself sent to the stands. Very impressed with GM on tuesday though, he was giving alot of positve coaching out from the dug out. e.g Shouted to lovell to open up and give himself a chance when defending a free kick. Things like that can stop goals and can take pressure off us. Well done GM. We will have to just get a swear box in the dugout. It was their toughest game of the season and our attack made their defence look poor but it was the quality of our attack, that did it, and not that the halifax defence was poor. Not that disapointed about the loss but on the face of it we should have taken something.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Steels 3 FC Halifax 5 Empty Re: Steels 3 FC Halifax 5

Post  salkster Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Great first game of football. Their 2 free kicks have won them that game I felt we could have got something out of. The midfield went missing for me in the second half. No support for the forwards and they wasn't getting any of the second half. We knew it would be difficult before the match began but to have them on the ropes at half time the lads deserve credit.
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Burr Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:34 am

Without doubt the best game of football I have seen at this level. Two real good attacking sides who stood toe to toe for 60 mins. The quality of all the goals was a pleasure to watch, both teams deserve congratulating for putting on a fantastic spectacle of football.

One things for sure at least the entertainment value is back at Bracken Moor.

Well done to GM and the players, long may it continue.

Tim Burr
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down