Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Osset 3 - Steels 5

5 posters

Go down

Osset 3 - Steels 5 Empty Osset 3 - Steels 5

Post  Admin Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:07 am

I think the score flatters Osset to be honest three sloppy defensive errors stopped a plus 5 in the goal difference column. But on the other hand three points is three points and moves us up to 17th in the league.

So on the whole not a bad result on a truely terrible pitch the worst I have seen this season so far and the weather hasn't even got bad yet thank god it out of the way.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Osset 3 - Steels 5 Empty Re: Osset 3 - Steels 5

Post  David Bradley Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:22 pm

I thought the win flattered us and not Osset. First half we dominated but second half we were all over the place . No midfield again no composure on the ball and the big boot upfield. Just get a hold of the ball.
But then the pitch was bog and did not help any team trying to play football on the floor. Muldoon worked really hard and deserved his goals especially in the first half. keep it going Jack. Defence switched off a couple of times wonder if it was because we had Lovell out.
Smudge was a different class his crosses are of the highest order and caused a lot of problems for Osset.
Colin looked sharper and deserved his two goals.
1 Question if ward is not fit, why put him on the bench, have we no - one in the second team to try out if needed.
All in all 3 points is 3 points and we will have to win ugly to stay out of relegation.
GM keep working on it. It will come.
On a more positive note it was nice to see that there was more steels supporters at an away game than home supporters and the yellow scarf comming out

Where is mine and kids must have missed the little car boot sale!!!
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  rowlandsjake Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:46 pm

Paul Smith looks a great player at this level

rowlandsjake
Trailist
Trailist

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:40 am

Great first half against a poor osset team who seemed to show a lack of urgency in the first half. Second half I thought was really poor and needlessly let them back into the game. Marrison and Muldoon looked more threatening yesterday as well. Could quite easily have scored a few more bar some great saves from their keeper. A good 3 points but need to learn to concentrate for 90 minutes.
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Priceless 3 points what we needed nothing less would had done
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub