Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matlock Town 2 - SPS 2

+3
Tim Burr
Gward
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Matlock Town 2 - SPS 2 Empty Matlock Town 2 - SPS 2

Post  Admin Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:46 am

Before the game we would have taken a 2 all draw but was is a point gained or two droped after taking a two goal lead only to loose it in three games out of the last four.

The ref spoilt it for me, far to card happy giving steels 4 yellows and 2 reds and Matlock 1 red.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Matlock Town 2 - SPS 2 Empty Re: Matlock Town 2 - SPS 2

Post  Gward Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Should have won but heads droped after yet again the officals
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Burr Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:19 am

Couldn't get on Saturday but a 2-2 draw away at Matlock should be viewed as a point gained in my opinion.

Sounds as though the officials wanted to be the main attraction. Does the number of bookings mean we face a fine from the FA?

Tim Burr
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Malloy Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:54 am

Tim Burr wrote:Couldn't get on Saturday but a 2-2 draw away at Matlock should be viewed as a point gained in my opinion.

Sounds as though the officials wanted to be the main attraction. Does the number of bookings mean we face a fine from the FA?

Don't think so, but one more caution may have cost the club, in what was never a dirty game.

Likewise would have bitten your hand off for a point before this match, but sorely disappointed we didn't beat them in the end. First visit to Causeway Lane. Rustically picturesque venue, frequented by "League of Gentleman" characters, so probably my last visit also.

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 am

Tim Burr wrote:

Yes the club got quite a hefty fine for the third time this season. To say the chairman wasn't pleased is an understatement. On to the game it seemed to be one of those that showed the season was nearly up. Don't remember a clear cut chance. The officials well what can I say. Tonks shouldn't have got sent off never mind a foul. Their red card was a penalty but I wouldn't say a red card. He probobly only gave it because he sent Tonks off. Wardys red was just silly. He didn't even try to talk to him. I'm happy with a point as anyone could have won it really if they had created more chances. It's a shame that the match will be remembered by the officials and the nasty injury Cartwright got which isn't as bad as first feared. But that's the state of the game is in now with these officials.
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Dolf Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:29 am

Sounds like i missed a right ding dong at this one.
Uncle Dolf
Uncle Dolf
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:49 pm

One thing is for sure we won't we win the £4000 up for grabs from the F.A. for the fair play award. Although all season I have not seen a dirty game, probably from anyteam. Must just be moneymakers for the F.A.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down