Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marine 5 v 4 Steels

+3
David Bradley
Gward
Tim Malloy
7 posters

Go down

Marine 5 v 4 Steels Empty Marine 5 v 4 Steels

Post  Tim Malloy Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Jeez, what happened first 35 mins tonight then? Was fearing a complete rout when I saw the half time score. Some comeback second half though, which gives hope. Bet their backsides were twitching when Leonard got the fourth. Had we got the same added time as the Jocks did tonight, we may have even equalised. Shocked

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Marine 5 v 4 Steels Empty Re: Marine 5 v 4 Steels

Post  Gward Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:35 am

They was look really nervous after we scored the 2nd but well done 2nd half we gave it everythink and another 10 mins we may have won it
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:00 am

My 5yr old Charlie analysis says 1st half rubbish 2nd half great.

What a game we abouslolutly drowning own sorrows at half time, and then celebrating at the end after we came so close to getting a point.

1st half the ref made an almighty cock up stopped the game while we were attacking because there was 2 balls on the pitch. (fair enough) but then the drop ball Mark Ward was not allowed to contest it, I know because I was stood near enough for me to hear the ref keep pushing him away. Even the marine player did not know what to do, so he just booted the ball upfield. It hit one of our players went to one of thier players and then a goal. We were so pushed up for the attack that we got caught. It happened at Brigg in preseason but they didn't score. Maybe we should just go back to the old days and compete every ball no matter if we attacking or defending because the current system is'nt working either that referee or not applying laws of the game properly. The ref struggled to keep up with game in first 20 mins he was puffing big time.
Back to the game, we then started to chase the game instead of sitting back and waiting for our time, and got caught 4 times on the counter 4th and 5th goals were carbon copies of each other. We must have had 70% possesion in the 1st half.

2nd half differnent game they forgot how to pass and we found our scoring boots. We scored 3 in a matter of mins and it was game on, they were rattled big time. We did let it fizzle out abit. I said at about 75mins push lovell up front because he was getting forward a lot he was causing a bit of hassle in their area. Probably a bit late with subs should made the changes earlier we had nothing to lose at 5-3. Pushing Lovell upfront and Haigh in the back 4 certainly made a difference. Then Lenny gets a forth and we are pushing for an equaliser that just did not come. another 10 mins and we would have equalised.
What a game nine quid to get in and nine goals. £1 a goal. One of the most worst, entertaining, and uplifting games I've seen in years all rolled into one.

I think we learn't alot about the team today tactically and the players resolve.
Maybe we could use lovell upfont later in other games and bring Haigh in at the back especially if we are chasing game or in cup games. I like that extra option.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:50 am

Lets not have another match like that....

I don't want to go on at the ref too much as we all know how awful he was. Not sure if I have seen any more extraordinary decisions than for their first goal Shocked Third goal as well a clear handball in the buildup play. The score at half time you have to give credit to their finishing for putting their only 5 chances of the game away. I didn't want to talk to anyone at half time I was too flabbergasted. The second half I expected us to come out fighting but 3 in 3 minutes was incredible and it made the impossible look possible. I agree with David that the subs could have come sooner as Marine was just looking scared. Despite letting five goals in I have to give the lads credit for fighting back with such resolve which made me proud to not only to have watched such an incredible game, but to be a supporter of this club.
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:55 am

salkster wrote:Lets not have another match like that....

I don't want to go on at the ref too much as we all know how awful he was. Not sure if I have seen any more extraordinary decisions than for their first goal Shocked Third goal as well a clear handball in the buildup play. The score at half time you have to give credit to their finishing for putting their only 5 chances of the game away. I didn't want to talk to anyone at half time I was too flabbergasted. The second half I expected us to come out fighting but 3 in 3 minutes was incredible and it made the impossible look possible. I agree with David that the subs could have come sooner as Marine was just looking scared. Despite letting five goals in I
have to give the lads credit for fighting back with such resolve which made me proud to not only to have watched such an incredible game, but to be a supporter of this club.
Agree with you there Martin
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Burr Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:00 am

Sounds like I missed a tremendous game, to be 5 down at half time and recover to 5-4 was some comeback. I bet GM wasn't happy at half time! Looking forward to Saturday's game against Trafford, hope there are plenty of goals too.

Tim Burr
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  steveylongold Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:10 am

What a fantastic game by the sounds of it!!!

steveylongold
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:55 am

Have to agree I was really proud to be a Steels fan tuesday night. I have to admit if I had gone in the car I would have probably been on the m62 by the time the second half started, just shows I need to show more faith in the lads. It felt like a win at the end well done on a cracking comeback
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:07 pm

David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down