Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frickley 1 Steels 1

5 posters

Go down

Frickley 1 Steels 1 Empty Frickley 1 Steels 1

Post  David Bradley Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Disappointing performance tonight. Decent start and then just went down hill from there. Have we turned to the long ball tonight I hope not. The ball got played long then went back to our defence. It was like ping pong on a football pitch. We lacked width until Lenny came on. Muldoon looked tired and not interested. Longstaff came on and was much brighter and held the ball up better. Another defence mistake for the goal, but when the ball just keeps comming back its only a matter of time before someone cocks up. The defence actually had a good game and soaked up a lot of pressure. How many times did we give the ball away in midfield, it was so frustrating, we are better than that. 2 games a week is obviously taking its toll time to change things I think, maybe rest a couple of players and let them recharge and give some of the others some pitch time. Sad
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Frickley 1 Steels 1 Empty Re: Frickley 1 Steels 1

Post  GM Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:52 am

David Bradley wrote:Disappointing performance tonight. Decent start and then just went down hill from there. Have we turned to the long ball tonight I hope not. The ball got played long then went back to our defence. It was like ping pong on a football pitch. We lacked width until Lenny came on. Muldoon looked tired and not interested. Longstaff came on and was much brighter and held the ball up better. Another defence mistake for the goal, but when the ball just keeps comming back its only a matter of time before someone cocks up. The defence actually had a good game and soaked up a lot of pressure. How many times did we give the ball away in midfield, it was so frustrating, we are better than that. 2 games a week is obviously taking its toll time to change things I think, maybe rest a couple of players and let them recharge and give some of the others some pitch time. Sad

Embarassed

GM
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:13 am

Don't feel embarresed, many of us see your frustations, and thank god you didn't actually hit that dug out last night that would have compounded to the misery. When you put the 11 men across that white line they need to go out and do the job they have been asked to do. Don't know what it is but they seem to be uptight when we play especially when we are a single goal in front. When the pressure is off like at marine in the second half we look we are world beaters. For me, you and GI are doing a good job you have brought in some quality players and you see things are not right (unlike no names mentioned COLLINS oops slipped out) Time is the key I think, still a releatively a new team. I'am sure things will gel before christmas and the important run in. Good Luck and the game on Saturday is so important for all us steels fans, I've even swindled it so I can get off work early Saturday to get to the match which has mean't me working 6 days this week. I'am sure some players won't need a kick up the back side saturday.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:08 am

Couldn't make the game last night due to me being at uni. One problem I think we have is we don't have a settled side at the minute. I don't think we have had one since the start of last season. Lovell has had 3 different partners so far this season. The centre of midfield looks a bit unsettled to me as well. Now i'm going to be a little contradictive and suggest maybe giving Lenny more of a chance. I think he did well in pre-season and he has scored a few goals as well so why not? Again not seen the game last night but it's clear there seems to be problems. On the plus side at least we didn't concede 5 this time Embarassed
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 am

Happy with a point has if u saw the pitch how the hell could u play footy on that,even retford pitch better then that
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  steveylongold Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:59 am

Workmanlike performance the other night in my opinion, created very little but worked hard for the point! Thought the defence were a lot better! Think Leonard and Wolley should have come on a lot earlier as some of our players looked really tired. Wardy was in the right place at the right time again and is looking alot fitter.
Longstaff did well the other night when he came on as did Leonard, them too guys look a real threat, Leonard looks quite a handful In the air and had a couple of chances to win it. Longstaff is a real big unit and defenders must be scared just looking at him.

Marrow really has built a good squad and has many options full credit to him.

steveylongold
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum