Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steels 2 Chasetown 0

5 posters

Go down

Steels 2 Chasetown 0 Empty Steels 2 Chasetown 0

Post  salkster Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:29 am

A clean sheet! And even better another win. Credit has to go to GM who has got it spot on this past week. A change in formation has led to two very good wins against teams who were near the top, and also a great signing in Paul Smith. Dan Dillon looked very good as well, shame it is only a month we have got him for. Onto the match I thought it was a great team performance and sucked the Chasetown pressure up easily and looked dangerous on the break. Wards goal was top drawer stuff as usual which must be contender for goal of the season already. Muldoon looked threatening as well but still has a tendancy for doing one trick too many. Paul Smith got ther man of the match for me. His passing was excellent, set pieces were looking dangerous and Chasetown rarely looked like threatening down his side of the pitch.
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Steels 2 Chasetown 0 Empty Re: Steels 2 Chasetown 0

Post  Admin Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Great result its amazing what a couple of wins does for the moral of the team and fans. Smudger looked the quality player we have seen against us many times in the past wardy's goal was another stunner.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Burr Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:54 am

Probably the best performance I've seen this season. We looked very solid at the back, breaking up most of Chasetown's attacks with ease. When we broke forward we looked as if we could score everytime, Mark Ward should have scored again just after half time. Liked the new formation especially with Ludlam getting down the right wing. Dan Dillon looked a real quality player as did Paul Smith.

Overall a very good team performance against a reasonable Chasetown side.

Where was Paul Dempsey and Andy Ring yesterday, are they injured?

Tim Burr
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:34 am

Demps is injured and Ringy was away on a short break which the manager was informed about quite a while ago. I believe Ringy should be back for tuesday but Demps could missing for a few weeks, hence the Dillon loan.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 am

I see Dave Ratclife got the Man of the Match in NPL paper. Has got himself into the team and done well to keep it. Keep up the good work.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:14 am

Good result has chasetown gave it everythink in the 2nd half,lets keep it going
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub