Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yellow Peril

3 posters

Go down

Yellow Peril Empty Yellow Peril

Post  Admin Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:31 am

For the second time this season we have accumulated 5 yellow cards in a game this will be a £1000 (£500 x 2) fine for the club on top of the £500 fine for the FC United game meaning we have paid £1500 in un budgeted fines. I am in two minds on this issue firstly the ref was totally blinked today and very poor. Giving fouls and yellows for the softest of reasons but totally missing the handball by the guiseley no3 and the hard yellow card worth tackles by the home team. This obviously makes the lads angry leading to rash tackles (jamie) and desention (Wardy,Dawson). But on the other hand I have never seen a ref change his mind so why would player gob off at the ref knowing that a yellow card is a possibility.

I have never played the game so I am only commenting from the side lines where we the fans openly berrate the officials so if we get emotional i can understand the players doing so.

Some of the fans were saying the players should pay out of there wages, Should they all pay or should the players booked for descent pay or is this part of the game and the club take the hit.

Your thoughts please
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Yellow Peril Empty Re: Yellow Peril

Post  salkster Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:02 am

Difficult decision really as the ref was really poor and rather biased in my opinion. I do think the players have to take some share of the blame with needless disentions and silly tackles though. The ref was just looking for an excuse to book them. In my opinion the players booked should pay a share of it as a show of good will to the club but I don't think it will happen.
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth Revitt Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Tackles I can understand in certain circumstances, last man and open goal for example or someone on the opposition dishing out the leather and giving them a taste of their own medicine I can totally understand, even encourage to be honest, but Reg's tackle when the ball was nearly out of play anyway and supid, constant and prolonged decent is asking for trouble, make your point and leave it at that. For these bookings they should pay their own fine, not the club.
Garth Revitt
Garth Revitt
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum