Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steels 3 Osset 1

4 posters

Go down

Steels 3 Osset 1 Empty Steels 3 Osset 1

Post  David Bradley Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:30 pm

I'am going to start with a praise for the Ref today, he let the game flow and didn't book anyone un-nesserly, all our players deservered there bookings and so did their red card. Well done ref. As for the steels a medicore performance I think, some good points and some bad points to put right. The good points Mr Vardy great control and no nononse finshing, and Dave ratcliffe one on one's. The bad points are Ring had a problem with his foot and struggled in the tackle with it, should have made change earlier in my opion. The other is we've got to learn to keep the ball longer and string 9-10 passes together, without pumping the ball upfield to Vardy who we know is quick, all the time. We could try holding the ball and passing it and threading the ball instead of over the top. What we also need is a winger, someone who gets chalk on their boots because they don't move 3 ft from the line. someone who will run at defences and give us a different option going forward. Overall not a bad performance just thinking of next season.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Steels 3 Osset 1 Empty Re: Steels 3 Osset 1

Post  Uncle Dolf Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:16 am

yep not a bad performance by the steels, Vardy looked good and quick and his finnishing was great but Ringy was strugling a wee bit and i agree that the change should have come sooner, but overhall a good win, well done steels
Uncle Dolf
Uncle Dolf
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Attendance 118, is the lowest gate for a league game this season at Bracken Moor. I know it was a bit of meaningless game, but it was a beautiful day and no other football on in sheffield. So its back to why and where are the people of stocksbridge, and can we do more to get people in. Or am I being to harsh if you look at the website below.

http://www.mikeavery.co.uk/Attendance%20All%20Teams%20percent.htm
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tops Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:27 am

David Bradley wrote:Attendance 118, is the lowest gate for a league game this season at Bracken Moor. I know it was a bit of meaningless game, but it was a beautiful day and no other football on in sheffield. So its back to why and where are the people of stocksbridge, and can we do more to get people in. Or am I being to harsh if you look at the website below.

To be honest with you i dont think the results under Simon Collins helped,as well as what happen in the world of finance so hopfully we may see a increase in support next season
Tops
Tops
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:37 am

Good result int he sun shine same again please next week
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:27 am

Tops wrote:
David Bradley wrote:Attendance 118, is the lowest gate for a league game this season at Bracken Moor. I know it was a bit of meaningless game, but it was a beautiful day and no other football on in sheffield. So its back to why and where are the people of stocksbridge, and can we do more to get people in. Or am I being to harsh if you look at the website below.

To be honest with you i dont think the results under Simon Collins helped,as well as what happen in the world of finance so hopfully we may see a increase in support next season

Collins didn't help but, I think the club does not seem to have any direction when it comes to getting the people in to the stadium and keeping them there. Its, if they come ,great, if they don't whose bothered. Do we have to wait like me this season and stumble on the football and hospitality, or do we go out and do something about it.
For less than 15 quid myself and two kids had great day out, the kids enjoyed the football or should I say playing wicket(ewok from star wars lego) under the chairs, I enjoyed a few pints and a decent game of football. You could spend the afternoon going to meadowhall £5 in petrol £ 12 at least in oasis and then other bits and bobs, and still be bored. I just don't think people see it as a day out of the house. If you went to cannon hall farm it would cost more than £15. People just don't see the a game as an oppertunity to get the family out for the day. Maybe the club should work on the family aspect and we may see people comming back. People may not go to every match, but if its a nice day it should be a thought

The club as numerous boys and girls teams but you never see a great deal at the games. any ideas why?
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down