Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worksop 1 - Steels 2

+4
David Bradley
Finchley Tiger
Uncle Dolf
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Worksop 1 - Steels 2 Empty Worksop 1 - Steels 2

Post  Admin Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Steels put in a good performance today. Two great set pieces earnt the goals with Callery the provider for both. I thought the defence looked more comfortable not playing as high up the pitch and the whole team performed well the win puts us in 11th place and almost guarantees premier league footy next year Very Happy .
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Worksop 1 - Steels 2 Empty Re: Worksop 1 - Steels 2

Post  Uncle Dolf Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:45 am

excerlant result at Worksop this one, nice to hear that the defence played tight and to hear that we scored from set pieces which isn't usualy our fort'e, well done lads.
Uncle Dolf
Uncle Dolf
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Finchley Tiger Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:56 am

No complaints about the result yesterday, I thought you deserved the win. Two very good set piece goals. Having said that the corner you scored the first one from should have been a goal kick (your officials in the Directors seats agreed), however I thought our goal scorer should have been sent off for the foul on Darren Schofield and thus should not have been on the pitch to score his goal. I suppose those two incidents evened themselves out.

Our improvement in recent weeks has come through using pace down the flanks, unfortunately on the heavy pitch the ball held up thus we were unable to exploit that tactic fully. You adapted to the conditions better than we did and looked a fully committed side, and as I said at the start deserved to win.

I just hope we pick up enough points in our remaining matches to stay in this division.

Good luck for the rest of the season - especially if you are pllaying against Ossett or Burscough!! Wink

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:12 am

Thought you could still scrape a point to be honest, It was a good competative game whihc the ref didn't spoil. The lad on the right wing with the afro (jackson?) seemed to be hampered by the conditions. Having played against Burcough twice and Osset once this season I can't see you going down.

The ground is cracking though you've fell on your feet with that one? Any chance of a swift return next season to sandy gate lane?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:37 am

Good result, and two players who have had a bit of stick on the this site, rightly or wrongly depending on your stance, scored. Well done to them both. We quarrel all week about who's doing the buisness but when it comes to the day they go and do it.Well done to all
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Quality result and a very well derseved 3 points in the 2nd half,i predited when we had them goals just before we got them that the two lads would pop goal in now pitty i forgot my lottery numbers
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Finchley Tiger Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Admin wrote:Thought you could still scrape a point to be honest, It was a good competative game whihc the ref didn't spoil. The lad on the right wing with the afro (jackson?) seemed to be hampered by the conditions. Having played against Burcough twice and Osset once this season I can't see you going down.

The ground is cracking though you've fell on your feet with that one? Any chance of a swift return next season to sandy gate lane?

We might have scraped a point at the end, but I think it would have been unfair on SPS. Yes the conditions did hamper Jackson. Since he signed for us he has been outstanding running at defences, however, as we saw yesterday whenever he tried to run with the ball it just held up in the heavy conditions.

If we play like we have in the last 3 or 4 matches then we should stay up. The side we have now is not the side that got us into trouble. We have made a few new signings recently that has made a big difference. However, we do have a few of the top sides to play yet, Boston, Ferriby (twice), Kendal plus away trips to inform Buxton & Matlock (we have a terrible record at Buxton & Matlock!!). Our penultimate game is at home to Burscough!! I'm hoping we are safe by then though.

Don't think we shall be going back to Sandy Lane. As far as I am aware the club has still not been given a reason why we were locked out of the ground in the first place, and whilst Howard Raymond still holds the lease I cannot see us paying him rent and living in fear that we could be locked out again. Just imagine the implications if he locked us out mid season ....! No I think we shall be playing in exile until we get a new ground.

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Malloy Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:14 pm

David Bradley wrote:Good result, and two players who have had a bit of stick on the this site, rightly or wrongly depending on your stance, scored. Well done to them both. We quarrel all week about who's doing the buisness but when it comes to the day they go and do it.Well done to all

Yes, it was a good all round team performance yesterday and I put my hands up that our defence did a steady away job also. Well done lads, that's only the second time this season, we have gone undefeated, four league games on the trot. Can we extend it to five, against title-chasers Guiseley, on Tuesday, please.

One sour point was that late in the game, one "supporter" who should know better, began verbally berating the midfield again. Thankfully for once, firmly put in his place by one of the players.

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  blade1 Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:22 am

Have to agree Tim the lads are playing well at the minute so well done to all.

With regards to the supporter there was definately no verbals handed out the issue was we were in the last five minutes and the supporter basically said "lets stick at it to the final whistle" to one of the midfielders concerned that we might throw away our lead away it was more encouragement than abuse.

Nobody can complain about the any of the players on Saturday as they all played with great heart, passion and desire.

Well done all.

blade1
Trailist
Trailist

Back to top Go down

Post  Finchley Tiger Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:34 am

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:50 am

Not to sure about this "The reaction of Scott was deplorable as he yelped in delight at Ben’s misfortune". I was on the top deck just above where it happened and he was having a go back at the steward, who was having a go at him and telling the ref to send him off, There was no yelp of delight. Also funny how the reporter failed to mention the two footed tackle on Schoey. Wink

But to be fair our report will probably be as one sided the other way.

Whats with the pre match meal? Getting all premier league on us Smile Our lads get a cup of tea and mars as long as they have the cash.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Finchley Tiger Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Admin wrote:Not to sure about this "The reaction of Scott was deplorable as he yelped in delight at Ben’s misfortune". I was on the top deck just above where it happened and he was having a go back at the steward, who was having a go at him and telling the ref to send him off, There was no yelp of delight. Also funny how the reporter failed to mention the two footed tackle on Schoey. Wink

But to be fair our report will probably be as one sided the other way.

Whats with the pre match meal? Getting all premier league on us Smile Our lads get a cup of tea and mars as long as they have the cash.

I must admit I had the same view as you and I saw no "yelps of delights" (in fact I must have been stood/sat very near to you as I was sat/stood in the Directors seats behind Brian Bradley and your officials). I was too busy watching Tomlinson and hoping he did not try and run the injury off causing more damage. However, the two people who were stood with me did comment that they thought Scott was showing pleasure at Tomlinson's injury. The match reporter was immediately below us at ground level.

I have seen much worse one sided reports of games, in fact some I have read have made me wonder if I was at the same game! Shocked

BTW was there a late change of keeper? I was certain the team sheet I was given had "Ratty" in goal not Scott?

As for the pre-match meal, when I heard about this earlier in the season I did wonder what it was all about!! I suppose it was one way of making sure the players turned up Laughing

Here is Rob Waite's more light hearted view from his blog (after his report on Retford).

http://www.the66pow.blogspot.com/

You're not the "scary looking dude from Xmen" are you? (see one of the photos on the blog)

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth Revitt Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Believe me Tiger, if you think that fella on the blogg looks scary, you have seen nothing until you meet our Admin guy, he's a friend of mine but he scares the crap out of me. By the way Admin, wheres my original post on here gone please?? Did I upset anyone perhaps?? Oh dear, never mind, there there, mummy will kiss it better!!
Garth Revitt
Garth Revitt
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Cheers for that one Steels1.

I was the fatter (sorry Phil) and younger of the two blokes sat down by the front for the first half hour (brown coat). the bloke in the photo is the Look Local reporter who took over from his mate (Harry Potter) when he transferred to the Worksop Guardian and got a laptop and dongle (note the Look Local guy keeping it real and writingthe report on the back of the team sheet).

I think Ben was making stupid noises at your official for going on one trying to get him sent off (sorry for repeating this). But if you think that's strange try listening to him make animal noises on the coach all the way back from spalding, not quite the full shilling but a quality keeper ask anyone.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down