Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worksop 4 - Steels 1 FA Trophy

+2
salkster
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Worksop 4 - Steels 1 FA Trophy Empty Worksop 4 - Steels 1 FA Trophy

Post  Admin Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Poor performance today not enough players put in a full shift in my uneducated opinion. I can't take anything away from Worksop they are a very good side that defended in numbers and attacked with pace, on more than one occasion they out numbered us when they broke but our performance was poor on the whole although Brett had a good game as did Smudger.

One thing i do know though, is if we don't get our sort ourselves out in nine days time they will come to Bracken Moor and give us a right thumping on a pitch that will suit them down to the ground.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Worksop 4 - Steels 1 FA Trophy Empty Re: Worksop 4 - Steels 1 FA Trophy

Post  salkster Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:47 pm

First 10 mins I thought we was great. Passing the ball around with ease and got the deserved goal. Once they equalized it was back to same old long ball where we was never going to win anything in the air with their big centre backs. Poor performance in midfield for me, I don't think I remember Dempsey or Leonard having any of the ball in the second half.
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  steveylongold Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm starting to get frustrated with Dempsey, he was rubbish today and the first to get on the players backs especially Wardy. He needs to up his own game first. Alex was quiet for me again as was Ringy, Leonard huffed and puffed as did Muldoon. I thought we looked weak at the back again.

steveylongold
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:55 am

So dissapointing. Why cannot we learn from when we played them earlier. We all know there no 10 is dangerours why did we not just man mark him out of all the game. For such a small player he held the ball up well. Dempsey seems to be no better than we had at the start of the season. Pull your socks up time demo. I also think we lacked fitness. The last 10 mins lenny Alex Jack and Ringy all struggled to get back. Brett was probably our best player both defencesively and then when he went to striker. Chin up everyone now we must concentratre on staying in the league.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Finchley Tiger Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:23 am

Although we ran out comfortable winners yesterday for me there was one key moment in the game, Ben Scott's "howler" gifting us the equaliser so soon after you had taken a deserved lead. If we had not equalised so quickly it may have been a totally different game?

I must admit I was still a little concerned at half time that you might make us pay for missed chances in the first half. Thankfully, those concerns were misplaced. More good news for us was that Jamie Jackson (our number 10) signed a contract after the game.

Here is a neutral's view of the game (Rotherham fan)

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&act=1&mid=2119424222

I'll post the link to the highlights on our website once they are on there.

As David said time now for you to concentrate on pulling away from the relegation zone. I honestly believe you have enough quality players to do this, they need to get some confidence back and enjoy their football. Look at the Worksop side, we are unrecognisable from last season but 7 of the starting line-up yesterday were in the side that only picked up 1 point from the last 10 matches of last season! They now have belief and are enjoying their football again. It maybe small consolation for you but you look a better side than both Retford and Mickleover who I saw play on Saturday. Good luck.

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:07 am

Gutted about them hgeting mansfield at home would have been a right pay out 4 us boys,
They have got 2 players who i would love to have in a steels shirts
JJ remember him from been at sheff fc then he went to matlock and now he looks even better and better every game i see him play
and they captain wins must off the balls in the air simpkins
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Finchley Tiger Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:37 am

Here's the highlights from our website as promised:

http://www.worksoptownfc.co.uk/video/video21nov.html

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:08 am

I don't think I can bare to watch the highlights Sad

The only thing I would like to see was how bad the dive was towards the end of the first half which the ref bought.
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down