Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worksop 2 Steels 1

4 posters

Go down

Worksop 2 Steels 1 Empty Worksop 2 Steels 1

Post  David Bradley Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Should have drawn this one I think. Ludlem was lucky to stay on the pitch after what should have been 2 yellow cards. Probably is poorest game. Think I saw this ref earlier on in the season and was not that impressed with him. Our equaliser was a class goal. Just shows if we get it on the floor and spread it wide we are so much better. Ring looked more comfortable playing upfront. Wolley played better but maybe we should put a leash on him so he can't go more than 10 yards into the middle, he even though our goal came from him comming inside. Haigh seems to be getting better and better in the center of defence, a major plus, will be difficult to leave him out when both Lovell and Dawson back to fitness.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Worksop 2 Steels 1 Empty Re: Worksop 2 Steels 1

Post  Finchley Tiger Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:02 am

Yes, Luds was very lucky to stay on the field certainly should have had at least two yellows and on another day would have received a straight red for the booking he did receive. The ref did not have a good game (poor for both sides), but I have no complaints about Simpkins sending off if he did tell the linesman "where to go" (wont use the actual language on a family forum Wink ).

Here's the match report from our website:

http://tigertalkunofficial.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=chat&action=display&thread=764

Video highlights should be on our website later, I'll post the link once they are available

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:31 am

When you down at the bottom nothing falls for you and we need just bit of luck at the min,yh i would accept a draw saturday has that would be a start
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Finchley Tiger Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:28 am

Here are the video highlights as promised:

http://www.worksoptownfc.co.uk/video/video13oct.html

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:58 am

Couldn't go last to this one but it seems we rode our look on the bookings front. Worksop are a different team to last year and if not this year then next Ii can see them becoming a promotion contender.

Finchley how do the natives feel about rinky's move to the the old enemy? I was a bit suprised.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:06 am

After watching their second goal, Hawkeye says it was definelty out but by the time the linesman had caught up the ball was back in play
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Finchley Tiger Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:54 am

Admin wrote:.

Finchley how do the natives feel about rinky's move to the the old enemy? I was a bit suprised.

Everyone I've spoken to wish him all the best at Frickley. The Worksop fans appreciate how he stuck with us over the past couple of years, trying to help us during our troubled times. It would have been very easy for him to have walked away.

Whether the fans thought he was the right manager going forward was a different matter though. They appeared to be split almost 50/50 with half saying he wasn't up to the job, half saying he should be given more time to prove himself.

Frickley are due to visit us in about 3 weeks time, I'm sure Rinky will get a good reception from the faithful

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:40 am

There were alot here saying the same when he left us for you (have to admit i was one of um) got us into the position of having a good stable foundations just couldn't push it that bit further.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down