Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steels 2 Worksop 3

4 posters

Go down

Steels 2 Worksop 3 Empty Steels 2 Worksop 3

Post  David Bradley Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:04 pm

What a great perfomance from the players tonight, a draw would have been the right result, if it was not for incompetent ref.
What I liked tonight was the commitment,the passion,the spirit. Lovell and Dawson were solid very impressed with Dawson tonight. Lovell is usual self committed and full of passion great perfomance. Davis and Hiagh exceptional keep it up.
Ben made a mistake and cost us a goal but JJ as fairy wings and just hangs in the air but in fairness he won us the game against Hucknall.
Ward goal was premier league standard that cruise did him goood Wink
I also liked that both Mick Ingram and Schoey were so passionate and extreamley vocal tonight they coud not have done much more.
Please keep up the intesentity.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Steels 2 Worksop 3 Empty Re: Steels 2 Worksop 3

Post  Tim Malloy Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:34 pm

For once I couldn't agree more, we deserved something from this game, against a side who will highly probably finish in the play-offs. Crying or Very sad bom

Problem is, that's now our tenth defeat out of eleven matches against current top dozen sides (Chasetown in 11th position being our only success) and we still have to travel to eight of them before season ends. It is becoming increasingly likely that the double headers against Whitby and Mickleover and the home games against Ossett, Frickley and FCUM will all be six pointers. I'd give my right arm for last seasons 10th position finish at this time. Rolling Eyes

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:19 am

If it wasn't for steve shutt last year we would never have finished 10th and with only 1 going down last year Durham there was never a situation like this where we were fighting for our place in the league.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Finchley Tiger Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:42 am

After the way we started in the first 10-15 minutes it looked like it was going to be a case of how many we would score, but credit to your guys they fought back well. Excellent free kick from Wardy and for a period after that I feared the worse.

However, it was two bad mistakes that allowed us the win. I know JJ wins more headers than he should for someone of his height, but once Scott made the decision to come for the ball he had to get it. You then went to sleep at the free kick from which we got the winner, not being alive to the possibility of it being taken quickly.

Not the best performance by Worksop, in fact one fan said to me as he left that it was the worst performance since McIntosh took over as manager from Rinky. Would not have argued if it had been a draw.

If your guys keep up that level of committment, then you should certainly start picking up points soon and hopefully pull away from the relegation zone. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  salkster Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:43 am

A great performance from the lads last night and deserved to win in my book. So much better than on Saturday. So much more passion and commitment. Ward's free-kick is probobly one of the best that i've seen from him and we all know how many crackers he has scored. No qualms with Lenny getting sent off, you can't call the ref a cheat even though I can't blame him Twisted Evil

Speaking of the ref it's time for my little weekly ref rant. What an absolute w*nker. He clearly set the Worksop third goal up for them blowing the whistle just as he's taking it giving nobody any chance to react. There's quick free-kicks when you take it straight away and then there is ones where it is blatant cheating. Very card happy as well. Their 15 at right back purposely went in on Callery saying that "hes mine". Then their is the arrogant t*** of their assistant manager trying to start a fight with Brett. Hope he gets what's coming to him in the near future. Also hope Worksop don't go up so we can stuff them next season Evil or Very Mad
salkster
salkster
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Malloy Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:45 pm

David Bradley wrote:If it wasn't for steve shutt last year we would never have finished 10th and with only 1 going down last year Durham there was never a situation like this where we were fighting for our place in the league.

And there was me thinking that only losing six games at home, all season, might have had something to do with it. That would be compared to the six games we have already lost at home so far this season. Rolling Eyes

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 am

I suppose we better not lose anymore games then.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down