Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steels 4 - Sheffield 5

+5
David Bradley
Finchley Tiger
Gward
DougieC
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Steels 4 - Sheffield 5 Empty Steels 4 - Sheffield 5

Post  Admin Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:58 pm

A roller coaster of a game which we should have won after going up 4 - 1, some unjustified calls for the manager to resign at the end. What your view.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://steelschat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Steels 4 - Sheffield 5 Empty Re: Steels 4 - Sheffield 5

Post  DougieC Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:07 pm

I can't understand how lost we was crusing and just couldn't keep the pressure going an entertaing game but time for a change. I gave Collins a chance but I now I think is the tine for a change before we end up in the relegation battle. Teams came to bracken moor fearing us but now they see it as an easy 3 points. Sorry Collins but we need a change.
DougieC
DougieC
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:54 am

3-1 up and flying then the ref droped the biggest boxxock what i ever seen watching footy in all my 26 years,that was the turning point of the game has 1 is wasnt a red card,yellow the least then we would have on to win the tie mark my word,oh well the league more important now so get behind the team please
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Finchley Tiger Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:59 am

DougieC wrote:I can't understand how lost we was crusing and just couldn't keep the pressure going an entertaing game but time for a change. I gave Collins a chance but I now I think is the tine for a change before we end up in the relegation battle. Teams came to bracken moor fearing us but now they see it as an easy 3 points. Sorry Collins but we need a change.

An "outsiders" view!

I'd be very surprised if you are dragged into a relegation battle. You are currently 16 points ahead of Ossett, effectively 17 with your vastly superior goal difference with Ossett only having 11 games to play. Based on Ossett's performance last Saturday it is very unlikely they will make that up. In my opinion Durham played better against us in both games than Ossett did last Saturday. Remember, if you exclude matches against Durham, Ossett have only picked up 16 points in 25 games. They would need an influx of new players to turn it around.

Also, there are still quite a few games to be played between Ossett, Frickley, Burscough, Worksop (I think Burscough still have the other 3 to play) so they will be taking points off each other making it difficult for all 4 to overtake you and put you in relegation trouble.

Don't worry about relegation!! As for the longer term and next season that may be a different story, but you will know better than me what's going on at your club ....

Finchley Tiger
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:43 am

I think its time for a few home truths,yesterday pefromance was just not good enough 1st half was ok but the 2nd half all we had to do was to keep the football. You could see thier goals comming. Our midfield was not in the game second half, they did'nt fight for the ball they didn't chase the ball down, I can't remember them winning a header in the center of the park, we are missing someone in there who can do that. Some body like steve Hawes who looked knackered after he came off because he fought the ball and insiperd the others in midfield to do the same. It was same when I saw them plat north ferriby last week, no fight in midfield. Thats enough on the players. Collins in needs to show some more tactical knack just pumping the ball upto vardy and ring is not the answer when you're 3-0 up. He's got to get them keeping the football and pushing it around more,and there was non of that last night. As for resigning I can totally understand where the fans were comming from, and there was calls to bring back morrow, but I will stand firm and as i have said before judge him next season and not this. Rant over Mad
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tops Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Well the first 45 mins were the best ive seen steels play for quite a while the passing was 1st class and the finishing was as it was a while back deadly. The first 20 mins of the second half was just ok we were under the cosh but managed to with stand Sheffields charge then it all fell to pieces the sending off was harsh but then the wheels feel off completly. The defence went walk about yet again the midfield which i think is the weekest one we have ever had apart from Stirrup was very very poor and Vards and Ringy ran and ran with know help at all from midfield again. As for collins not the best man for the job in my opinion
Tops
Tops
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Garth Revitt Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Well, what can you say to that last night. When a team is up 4-1 with about 25 minutes to go theres no way in hell a team should be pulled back never mind lose. In my mind the whole team, apart from Reg, and Rats, simply gave up, shocking!!! Collins has to take some reponsibility because the majority of the players he has brought into the team are simply not good enough, for example Clayton. I wouldn't have him in my sons under 11's team and they lose 10-0 last week, bless them!!! Something has to be done because the crowds are going to plumpet and thats no good for the finances of the club.
Garth Revitt
Garth Revitt
Reserve Squad
Reserve Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Steels1 wrote:Well, what can you say to that last night. When a team is up 4-1 with about 25 minutes to go theres no way in hell a team should be pulled back never mind lose. In my mind the whole team, apart from Reg, and Rats, simply gave up, shocking!!! Collins has to take some reponsibility because the majority of the players he has brought into the team are simply not good enough, for example Clayton. I wouldn't have him in my sons under 11's team and they lose 10-0 last week, bless them!!! Something has to be done because the crowds are going to plumpet and thats no good for the finances of the club.
I'm not seen much of clayton but yet again he was awful,he is either carrying an injury or he's out of his depth, my 5 year old has more pace than this lad. come on adam step up a gear.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  stevie Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:49 pm

A few points on the remarks made on this thread....

Collins only took over part way through the season, give the guy a chance!
The game was done and dusted until the sending off, admittedly there's still no excuse for collapsing like the team did. But i'd guarentee people would be saying great result/performance if the last 25 minutes had have been a non event.
The work the two in the middle have got through in the last 3 games has been a large contributory factor to why, but for better finishing, there would have been victories against BPA and North Ferriby. It was also the reason why a ten man team beat Ashton, a game in which Clayton set up both Steels1.

There's some incredibly naive views kicking around here..

stevie
Trailist
Trailist

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Dolf Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:55 pm

absulutly shocking in the second half, when a team is 4 goals up and with only 20 mins left and a man down common Sence tells you to bring a man back in defence and hold on to the ball wich we didn't even atempt to do SHOCKING, and what was collins trying to do about the situation NOWT, he just stood there and let it happen, well im sorry 20 defeets under him is not good enough and in any other job he would have been sacked by now, time for a change cus it aint gunna get better. Crying or Very sad
Uncle Dolf
Uncle Dolf
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:45 am

stevie wrote:A few points on the remarks made on this thread....

Collins only took over part way through the season, give the guy a chance!
The game was done and dusted until the sending off, admittedly there's still no excuse for collapsing like the team did. But i'd guarentee people would be saying great result/performance if the last 25 minutes had have been a non event.
The work the two in the middle have got through in the last 3 games has been a large contributory factor to why, but for better finishing, there would have been victories against BPA and North Ferriby. It was also the reason why a ten man team beat Ashton, a game in which Clayton set up both Steels1.

There's some incredibly naive views kicking around here..
I would not call the views naive but informed views on what they are seeimg on the football pitch, we all have differnet points of view and sometimes it depends where you sit and stand and what you are looking at in a game that gives you that view. and by the sounds of it people are not happy with the result, and the way the team is playing and being managed at the momment. There is no excuse for Tuesday night, tired or not tired all they had to was keep the football not just the middle 2 but all the team.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  stevie Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:55 am

Agreed there's no excuse for Tuesday night. However, if Stocksbridge had have won, I bet there wouldn't have been any activity on this forum. It's like people are waiting for a loss so they can put the boot in.

It's the first season in the Premier, with one of the lower budgets in the league, with a manager who took over partway through the season. Not to mention the catalogue of injuries. People need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

stevie
Trailist
Trailist

Back to top Go down

Post  Tops Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:23 am

How many more time are we to take a step back before we cannot see whats going on on the pitch. Since Collins has come in he as sistermaticly ripped the guts out of a very good team and to be honest replaced them with players who should be playing in a lower league, if they are that good why did Osset let them go in the first place? Apart from Tonks,Callery and Rio who have come in and looked the part who else has not one of them.We may have a small budget but Marrow managed on it and got promoted playing good football and was top of the league after 6 games of this season. As for hes only been here a bit nearly 30 games in all comps should give us a good idea of what he is like not good to be honest, i suppose you are the among the band wagon fans over the last couple of years unlike a lot of people on here who have been watching us since before we were in the unibond league.
Tops
Tops
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  DougieC Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:17 pm

Under marrow we won the majority of games and even hit top spot we was in the top 6 with marrow most of the time and under Collins well what can I say we are s**t we have lost so many times and he has ripped the pride out of the team there is no passion and the players he has brought in are no where near as good as the players we had callery and rio arnt included because they have acctually contributed to the games we have played. I hope there will be changes soon.
DougieC
DougieC
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:34 pm

The last game as really got the tongues wagging and the fingers typing . There's never been so much activity on the forum it shows that everyone has a passion for the club no matter what side of the fence you sit on.
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down