Steels Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steels 0 BPA 1

4 posters

Go down

Steels 0 BPA 1 Empty Steels 0 BPA 1

Post  David Bradley Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:16 am

Result disappointing yes
Poor Penalty yes. How can the linesman give a penalty when the ref was closer and more up with play than the linesman.
Perfomance wise, not disapointed and many will question that. Why because I believe that GM is working on not conceading that means at times unattractive football, but sometimes you have to go back to basics to go forwards. I belive in the long run we will be a much better team for it.Todays performance was much better than frickley we kept the ball in midfield longer. Neutral
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Steels 0 BPA 1 Empty Re: Steels 0 BPA 1

Post  steveylongold Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:55 pm

I disagree, thought today was another case of us sitting back and defending. The midfield didn't keep the ball as well as Bradford's midfield, they won all the knock downs from bretts headers. We have players playing out of position, (Ringy,Alex). Didn't create much up front today can only recall one clear chance. We were so negative today, losing 1-0 we still had a sub we could have brought on and at the end we had a corner and two defenders stayed back.

steveylongold
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  David Bradley Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:23 pm

steveylongold wrote:I disagree, thought today was another case of us sitting back and defending. The midfield didn't keep the ball as well as Bradford's midfield, they won all the knock downs from bretts headers. We have players playing out of position, (Ringy,Alex). Didn't create much up front today can only recall one clear chance. We were so negative today, losing 1-0 we still had a sub we could have brought on and at the end we had a corner and two defenders stayed back.

Understand where you comming from I was just trying to look at the longer term picture. Must agree with you with ringy though does not look comfortable on the wing he's a striker so play him there. Lenny could have come on for 10 mins he his more attcking minded
David Bradley
David Bradley
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gward Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 am

Result crap but im sure we will get it sorted not long i hope,i would have bought on lenny for ring put callery on wing then see how that would have played us,massive game tues has we dont play saturday has we need sumert out off this
Gward
Gward
First Team Sub
First Team Sub

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Malloy Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:37 am

steveylongold wrote:I disagree, thought today was another case of us sitting back and defending. The midfield didn't keep the ball as well as Bradford's midfield, they won all the knock downs from bretts headers. We have players playing out of position, (Ringy,Alex). Didn't create much up front today can only recall one clear chance. We were so negative today, losing 1-0 we still had a sub we could have brought on and at the end we had a corner and two defenders stayed back.

Pretty fair analysis to me and funny that their central midfield of Clayton and Claisse were much maligned whilst here. I thought the former won every header and the latter ran the game for them, everything they did correct went through him. Personally, I thought they were the better side on the day but thankfully their forwards don't look up to much. No shame in losing this one, although thought we might salvage an equaliser at the end. Maybe we can put this hatred of everything Collins behind us now and move on with more important things. Starting with some much needed points on the table against a very tough Ferriby side midweek.

Tim Malloy
Under 18
Under 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down